Yup, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is headed to the PC on February 1st, with some nifty new additions from the original title, including:
- A new Zodiac Job system with improved battle mechanics (the Zodiac Job system was implemented a while ago in the release of the Japanese-only Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System)
- Newly implemented trophies
- True 7.1 Surround sound with HD voicing and fully-remastered music (the original PS2 version, if you remember, featured compressed voice acting)
- The choice between in-game BGM, new re-orchestrated BGM, and original soundtrack
- Endless - quite literally speaking - activities including hunts, rares, and mini-games
- 60FPS - Of course it should run at 60FPS on PC
- Compatibility with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus (eh?)
- Maximized License Points and Gil (if you so choose)
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, and more
In a Star Wars-esque tale, a small kingdom, Dalmasca, has been conquered by the Archadian Empire and has been left to rubble. Princess Ashe, who is the only heir to the throne of Dalmasca, has joined the resistance to take back her country and liberate it.
On the other hand, we have Vaan, otherwise known as the player vessel, who is an orphaned teen who dreams of becoming a sky pirate. Ashe and Vaan team up, alongside some other unique characters, in a battle against the empire.
There will be a day one edition offer: which includes 3 X Audio Tracks, Exclusive Wallpaper, and the highlight of the offer - a 20 percent discount. You can preorder Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age on Steam now.