That's the setting in Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers due out this fall. The game created by Assemble Entertainment and WhisperGames takes place in the 1950s and is a fast-paced 2D shooter. Filled with live-action FMV cut scenes this game is sure to bring out the nostalgia in many gamers.
Check out the trailer and info on the game below;
About Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squad 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squad 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog's diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squad 51 and Director Zarogs alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments - snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether youre a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades