There are many different things they’ve addressed in this update, but the most exciting (and pictured below) is the addition of a new map! A daytime version of MP Makin - Makin Day - is coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 absolutely FREE! Aside from the new dynamic the sunlight adds to the experience, some paths and cover have been modified to change-up the gameplay a bit. Xbox 360 players can download it from the XBL Marketplace once you sign into the game & Xbox LIVE and get the update.
This is all available now! (February 26, 2009)
For those unaware, our 2nd Title Update has just gone LIVE - read the Intel piece just posted above to get the scoop, and a screenshot of Makin Day.
Addressed in Title Update 2:
* Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
* Improved geographical matchmaking.
* Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
* Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
* Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
* Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
* Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
* Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
* Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
* Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
* Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
* Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
* Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
* Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
* Improved squad functionality.
* Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.
If you sign in and can't seem to get the Title Update yet, chances are you were playing CoD:WaW earlier this morning just as the TU was releasing. In this instance, waiting a few hours will clear it up for you. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions to clear your Xbox 360 cache, and download the TU immediately =).
To clear your cache:
* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
* Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
* Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.
To download Makin Day:
* Go to Xbox LIVE Marketplace
* Browse All Games
* Scroll to "Call of Duty: WAW"
* Select "All Downloads"
* Tab over to "Most Recent" -> Makin Bonus map.
Or just click the button that will appear in-game after you download the TU!