So I figured I'll start a thread on Mobile device games and people's favorite *legit* games that they find themselves playing or going back to often when they're not on their console/PC.
*By legit games I mean not one of those millions of money grabbing "strategy" or flavor of the month cloned crap games (Flappy bird) with over the top b.s. in-app purchases.
I'll start with the handful that I've found to be fun (with $ amount if they were not free), in no particular order:
1. Infinity Blade II ($6) - Great graphics, fun sword/axe slashing gesture gameplay (Unreal 3 engine!)
2. Hill Climb Racing -- The one and only!
3. SAS Zombie Assault 3 (I actually prefer the PC browser version)
4. Strike Fleet
5. Deep Dungeons of Doom (Roguelike)
1. Hill Climb Racing -- Haha yyyyup. This will be on every device that I can find available!
2. Drag Racing 4x4 (last year's vesion anyway)
3. Deep Dungeons of Doom - Great fun take on Roguelikes
4. Pixel Dungeon - Another graphically 'neat' Roguelike
5. SAS Zombie Assault 3
6. Hero Siege - Top view realtime hack 'n' slash RPG/Roguelike
7. FrozenFront - Turn Based WW2 tactics game.
Right, most of these are so called "free" apps, and DO have in-app purchases, BUT they are not overly difficult to play as a 'free' game and I did not find myself needing to dish out cash to 'pay to win' in order to enjoy them at all, at least when I first got them or last played them.